Friday, November 22, 2013

Shabbos Tov

Praying a good Sabbath rest to those who have been working so hard this week. In English we say....Thank God it's Friday! Thus we know it is time for personal time and time with the Lord and our families. We have worked so hard this week and the weekend is to look forward to. We don't do it out of a commandment but out of a heart that is turned toward home and the Lord. People ask me all the time if we should keep the Sabbath. The answer is always to have a good conscience toward God and man. Hold what you feel the Bible is telling you and let the Lord be the judge. Some will have to work as their jobs require it. To those I say do not feel guilty. Go on and serve the Lord in gladness and choose a day to rest and give to Him. Just be sure you do. Some say every day is the Sabbath....sadly to some every day is. They never work. God gave each tribe a job to do when He gave the commandments. Some feel there are only ten. Others know there are more. We need to keep what the Lord has given us and press forward into perfection. This life is just a dressing room for eternity. Let us endeavor to enter into that peace He has prepared for us. What a wonderful thought.....Shabbos Tov to everyone!
    To those who are celebrating tonight the Shabbos before Chanukah I pray you are feeling the joy set before you. This brings us right into the celebration of the feast of dedication. Jesus celebrated this as He stood on Solomon's porch.




22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter
 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.1 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. 30 I and [my] Father are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment