Thursday, November 7, 2013

Searching for Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic Fonts

     In searching for Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic Fonts I came up with this website:
http://www.omniglot.com/links/fonts.htm

     I personally think writing is beautiful. Some fonts have so much art included in the communication. Thank God for the internet and the communication and education it affords but the simple handwritten artistic writing from a thousands of years ago is quite impressive to me.
     One of my favorite trips of all times has been to a small museum that is virtually unknown. For scholars if you should happen to drive through a small area of the country known as
Anderson Indiana. The address is as follows:
Anderson University
 1100 East Fifth Street Anderson, IN 46012
1-800-428-6414

    
     I may not agree with their Theology in all areas but one of the Professors traveled to the Middle East a great deal and has many artifacts in a small Museum on Campus. I did not find a link to the Museum but have visited it personally and found it on campus not far from the administrative offices. My husband and I  have traveled all over the USA and to many foreign countries. One of the first things He and I do is find the nearest Synagogue and then the nearest Theological Seminaries. It is worth the visit just for some of the places we have found. Such as the time we were visiting friends in Merchavia Israel and found the Great Courtyard  Museum at the Kibbutz that pays tribute to Golda Meir and her contributions to Israel.

May I encourage you to do a bit of research today while you still have breath and good eye sight and a sharp mind. I speak to many people and they put things off. Let us work while it is still day before the night comes and there is no time left.

Shalom,
Dana D. Klein
    

No comments:

Post a Comment